- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green onion for serving
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
- Teriyaki sauce: ⅓ cup water, ½ cup soy sauce, ⅓ honey, 1 garlic clove (minced), ½ tsp fresh ginger (minced), 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp sesame seeds
LET’S GET COOKING…
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a mini-muffin pan or baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Form mixture into small balls and place into the greased pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- In a small saucepan on medium-low heat, combine the water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Stir until the honey is fully dissolved. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Pour the slurry into the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Transfer cooked meatballs into a dish lined with lettuce, and stir the sauce all over to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.