▪ 2 cups basmati rice
▪ 1 kg chicken
▪ 4 Tbsp oil
▪ 3 cloves
▪ 5 black peppercorns
▪ 1 cinnamon stick
▪ 1 cups thinly sliced onion
▪ 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
▪ 1 cup chopped tomato
▪ 1/2 tsp coriander powder
▪ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
▪ ½ tsp red chili powder
▪ 1 tsp garam masala powder
▪ 2 tbsp lemon juice
▪ 4 cups water
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Fresh coriander and fried onions for garnishing
PREPARATIONS AND HOW TO COOK:
1. Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan.Add cloves, black peppercorns and cinnamon.Fry for 20 seconds.
3. Add onions and fry till slightly browned.Add ginger garlic paste and fry till onions are nicely browned.
4. Add chicken and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes then add tomatoes and cook for a minute.
5. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and salt, cover and cook till chicken is done.
6. Remove the cover and cook on high heat till all the water is absorbed.
7. Add lemon juice and mix.Drain the rice and add it in the pan with chicken.
8. Add 4 cups of water.Cover the pan and cook till rice is done.
9. Flip the rice gently.Garnish with fried onions and fresh coriander.
✏ Enjoy taste of homemade food