CHINES BEEF STIR FRY
▪ 1/2 kg beef steak
▪ 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce +2 Tbsp
▪ 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
▪ 1/2 tablespoon sugar
▪ 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
▪ 1 1/2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
▪ Any spicy chili, small thin slices (optional)
▪ 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
▪ 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
HOW TO PREPARE
1. In a medium bowl, mix beef with 1 1/ 2Tbsp soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or pan over high heat. Add peppers with a sprinkle of salt. Stir and fry for a minute, and remove from heat, set aside.
(The peppers should still be crisp. After the peppers rest for a few minutes, they will excrete some liquid (amount varies with different peppers). Drain and discard the liquid.
3. Mix cornstarch into marinated beef and heat 2 tablespoons oil on high heat.
4. Add beef and stir quickly, separating the slices. When beef has started turning color, add the remaining soy sauce and stir quickly to combine.
5. Add peppers back in. Give a few good tosses and serve with rice immediately.
You must be logged in to post a comment.