✨ FISH CURRY:
❇ Ingredients :-
▪ 1/2kg fish, cleaned
▪ ½ onion, sliced
▪ ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
▪ ½ green chili, chopped (optional)
▪ 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
▪ 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
▪ 2 garlic cloves, minced
▪ 3 pepercorn
▪ 2 cloves
▪ 1 Tbsp peanut butter
▪ ½ cup water
▪ 1 tsp black pepper
▪ ½ tsp turmeric powder
▪ 1 tsp cumin powder
▪ 2 tsp garam masala
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Oil for frying
▪ Lime wedges for garnish (optional)
💫 HOW TO PREPARE:-
1. Season fish with salt and chili powder or lime juice.
2. Heat the pan with frying oil and deep fry the fish.
3. Heat oil in the pan, add sliced onions and saute until golden brown.Add tomatoes, garlic and the rest of the spices.Mix and saute for a few minutes.
4. Remove from heat and blend sieve to get a smooth paste.
5. Return the mixture into the pan, add peanut sauce, pepper corns, cloves, and water. Mix well and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add fish pieces, chopped mint and coriander into the curry let simmer for few 2 minutes.
7.Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges and serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
⚫1 whole chicken with bones or without bones
⚫2 Tbsp yoghurt
⚫2 Tbsp ginger paste
⚫2 Tbsp garlic paste
⚫2 tbsp ghee + 1 tbsp oil
⚫4 medium sized onion sliced
⚫3 bay leaves
⚫1 cinnamon stick
⚫4 green cardamom
⚫10 black peppercorn
⚫1 tsp cumin seed
⚫¼ cup coriander leaves
⚫1 tsp mustard seed
⚫2 tsp coriander seed
⚫2 tbsp fresh coconut (optional)
⚫1 tbsp red chili powder
⚫1 tsp garam masala powder
⚫¼ tsp turmeric powder
⚫2 tomatoes chopped finely
⚫Few more coriander leaves for garnish
⚫2 potatoes peeled and chopped into squares
⚫2 cups water
⚫1 tsp sugar
⚫Salt as per taste
PREPARATIONS AND HOW TO COOK.
1. Marinate the chicken with ginger paste,garlic paste, yoghurt and some salt for 30 mins.
2. In a pan add ½ tbsp oil + 1 tbsp ghee. Once hot add all whole ground spice .
3. Saute until they leave aroma. Switch off the gas. Remove the fried spices.
4. Add little more oil to the pan and fry the onion until light brown in color.
5. Combine fried spices, fried onion, and coriander leaves into a blender.
6. Grind until smooth paste is formed add little water if required.
7. Add rest of oil and ghee in the pan .Once hot saute mustard seeds and add the grounded paste and sugar.
8. Saute for 2 mins then add tomatoes, marinated chicken, potatoes, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
9. Cook covered for 3-4 mins then add water as per consistency required.
10. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked.Check the taste and alter any spices if required.
11. Lastly garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
12. Serve the chicken masala curry hot with rice, roti