⚫1 whole chicken with bones or without bones
⚫2 Tbsp yoghurt
⚫2 Tbsp ginger paste
⚫2 Tbsp garlic paste
⚫2 tbsp ghee + 1 tbsp oil
⚫4 medium sized onion sliced
⚫3 bay leaves
⚫1 cinnamon stick
⚫4 green cardamom
⚫10 black peppercorn
⚫1 tsp cumin seed
⚫¼ cup coriander leaves
⚫1 tsp mustard seed
⚫2 tsp coriander seed
⚫2 tbsp fresh coconut (optional)
⚫1 tbsp red chili powder
⚫1 tsp garam masala powder
⚫¼ tsp turmeric powder
⚫2 tomatoes chopped finely
⚫Few more coriander leaves for garnish
⚫2 potatoes peeled and chopped into squares
⚫2 cups water
⚫1 tsp sugar
⚫Salt as per taste
PREPARATIONS AND HOW TO COOK.
1. Marinate the chicken with ginger paste,garlic paste, yoghurt and some salt for 30 mins.
2. In a pan add ½ tbsp oil + 1 tbsp ghee. Once hot add all whole ground spice .
3. Saute until they leave aroma. Switch off the gas. Remove the fried spices.
4. Add little more oil to the pan and fry the onion until light brown in color.
5. Combine fried spices, fried onion, and coriander leaves into a blender.
6. Grind until smooth paste is formed add little water if required.
7. Add rest of oil and ghee in the pan .Once hot saute mustard seeds and add the grounded paste and sugar.
8. Saute for 2 mins then add tomatoes, marinated chicken, potatoes, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
9. Cook covered for 3-4 mins then add water as per consistency required.
10. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked.Check the taste and alter any spices if required.
11. Lastly garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
12. Serve the chicken masala curry hot with rice, roti