Leo tunaendelea na sehemu ya pili ya mishono ya vitambaa. Mishono ya leo ni ya jumpsuits.
Looking for quick, cheap and easy-to-make meals that are also healthy and tasty? Look no further.
The preparation time is around 1 hour and 30 minutes, and the portions serve one person. Remember to have seven containers for the lunches. There are only three meals, so repeat them as you wish.
Chicken, Avocado and Chickpea Wrap
- 1 Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
- 2 wraps or tortillas
- 1 Can Chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Cups Assorted Veggies
- ½ Cup Opadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients to Marinate the Chicken:
- 3 TS Litehouse Instantly Fresh Ginger
- 1 Lemon
- 3 TS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Use lemon, ginger, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to marinate the chicken breast. Put it in a Ziploc bag and leave it in the fridge. You can also use other ingredients to marinate the breast.
- You can heat the wrap or tortilla or you can use it as it comes. The same goes for the veggies and chickpeas. I prefer to eat them raw, but it depends how you like them and if they need to be cooked (usually for 2-3 minutes).
- Cook the marinated chicken breast on the grill or in a grill pan on the stove until they reach 165 degrees internal temperature. Then, let it rest.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl with the avocado. Mash the chickpeas and avocado together with a fork. Add the chicken breast (diced) to the mixture with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add the Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip and mix together. Divide the mixture and spread on two tortillas or wraps and roll up.
- Place the two wraps in separate containers with 2 cups of your favorite fresh veggies. Serve with 2 TS of Opadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip.
Lemon-Ginger Chicken Over Brown Rice and Sautéed Greens
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 8 Cups Greens
- 2½ Cups Water
- 2 TS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TS Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onions
- Marinate the chicken breasts as you did in the previous recipe, place them in a Ziploc bag and place them in the fridge.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 8 cups of greens (I use a combination of spinach, bok choy and green chard).
- Add the Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onions. Cover for 2-3 minutes until the greens cook slightly. Sauté for 2-3 minutes more. Add 2½ cups of water and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup of brown rice and stir. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 30-35 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let it sit for five minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cook the marinated chicken breasts on the grill or in a grill pan on the stove until they reach 165 degrees internal temperature. Let them rest.
- Divide the brown rice into two separate containers. Top with one chicken breast each.
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Cups Quinoa (cooked)
- ½ Cup Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 6-8 Cups Greens
- ½ Cup OPA by Litehouse Roasted Red Pepper Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork several times, and microwave them in 3-minutes intervals until slightly soft and cooked through. You can also cook them at 400 degrees F in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the cooked sweet potatoes, then mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl. Mix in the 2 cups of cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Form 6 patties, and cook for 20 minutes on a baking sheet in a 425 degree pre-heated oven, flipping halfway.
- Place about 2½ cups of your favorite greens into three separate containers. Top with two sweet potatoes and quinoa patties and top with 2 TS of the Opa by Litehouse Roasted Red Pepper Greek Yogurt dressing.
With arabic or sandwich bread cut with a large cookie cutter, you can create mini pizzas to which you will add a little tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and a little oregano and, if you want, pieces of low fat ham.
If you don’t have prepared tomato sauce, you can opt for canned whole tomatoes with which you can make a quick puree or ripe tomatoes cut into thin slices. These are the basic ingredients you use to make a pizza, but you can personalize it. It will take you 2 hours to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
Omelettes and Tortillas
Tortillas and omelettes are a resource that is used in many parts of the world. And who doesn’t love them? We only need to make it a full dinner, but we don’t need to work hard for this.
To ensure a balanced meal, incorporate different vegetables into the mixture, such as: onions, mushrooms, sauteed zucchinis, fresh asparagus, peppers and even a more or less dried tomato stew, which will give a juicy consistency. Serve with a slice of toasted wheat bread and a cup of consommé.
Consommés (soups) and light creams
Consommés and light vegetable creams are a good choice that you can prepare on the weekend and freeze in portions for the rest of the week. It has been found that the intake of a hot dish like soup produces satiety and a sensation of wellness. It is also a good way to control your weight.
Beef or chicken consommés needs to be well degreased and then supplemented by adding bits of onion, garlic, sweet pepper and even an egg when serving as well as a little fresh chive, cilantro or parsley to add flavor.
In the case of creams, zucchini or pumpkin creams have less carbohydrates and zero fat; you can also add to this list the mushroom, tomato or chayote creams. And, if you want to add a dairy product, choose skim milk or yogurt, but in the case of the latter, do not let it boil. In this way, you won’t lose the properties of its beneficial bacterial flora.
So, why can’t we just have a personal chef for free? We can, if we date a chef or someone who likes to cook. Until then, we need to cook our own food. But remember, we need to be independent women. Feel free to share your quick, easy and healthy recipes below.
Burger, cake, ice cream, pizza…it is so hard to resist them when you’re on a diet. If you’re into cheat meals while dieting, here’s how to do them properly.
No girl is a stranger to dieting. It is as commonplace as eating nowadays, especially with all the fad diets around that have you nixing this and replacing it with that.
When it comes to dieting, though, cheat meals are usually recommended to keep you from overindulging when you just can’t anymore. But, are cheat meals really all that great, and if so, how do they help?
Benefits of a cheat meal
When you’re able to stick to a diet, it can be great for the body. You’re eating less fat and sugar and are giving your body a lot of the nutrients it needs in the form of wholesome and healthy meals.
The problem with going on a diet is that it can shock your body. You get used to certain levels of leptin, which is the hormone that maintains the energy balance in the body, and when you restrict your body of your normal levels, you go into a constant state of starvation. This is where overeating comes in.
So, when you indulge yourself in a cheat meal once in a while, say every week, it helps to keep those levels in check and you’re more likely to avoid binge eating later on in your diet. A caloric restriction can also affect the thyroid, which actually decreases your metabolism, which will hinder your ability to lose weight anyway, so not having a cheat meal could actually be bad for your weight loss goals.
Everything in moderation
It’s true that cheat meals are beneficial for a weight loss program, so it’s important to remember that overfeeding yourself can lead to a habit of overeating. For example, a cheat meal can be some pizza and soda if that’s your poison, but eating two large pizzas and guzzling 2 liters of soda isn’t going to be good for you no matter how seldom you do it. When having cheat meals, remember to eat only until you’re satiated.
More than just your body
Dieting takes more than just physical willpower. It takes a good sound mind to be able to limit calories and push through the cravings for all the things you want to eat but can’t.
It has a profound affect on your mind in the way that if you have a hard time controlling yourself when it comes to guilty pleasures, then even just a taste could throw off your whole diet.
This could lead to a break down in the diet and a cheat day turns back into old habits and the end of all your hard work. On top of this, failing yet another attempt at dieting could cause you to feel guilty or ashamed of yourself, which will then affect your ability to get back on the horse. It’s important to remember that if you do stray from a diet, there’s no reason you can’t get right back to it and start over.
Successful cheat meals
There are a few ways to have cheat meals so that they don’t become habit and you stick to your diet without overeating. It’s best to have one a week and no more than that. You can treat it as a reward for all your hard work during the week, which will make the cheat meal that much more worthwhile.
If you know that you’re going to be going out for dinner with friends or someone’s birthday is coming up, plan the cheat meal around these social events. This will help you stick to the diet by allowing you to cheat while you’re out, not having to worry about counting calories while everyone around you is indulging in delicious meals that are off limits on your diet.
It’s also better to cheat on a day you know you’ll be working out so that you will still be working off some of the calories that you’ll be taking in. This will ensure that you’re not letting those calories sit and turn into fat, which could cause you to feel as though you’ve failed.
Love what you eat
If you used to be addicted to potato chips, then it’s a good idea to allow yourself to have them in moderation with your cheat meal. If your cheat meal doesn’t include something you absolutely love, then you’re defeating the purpose of it. You want to make sure you’re getting the foods you love at the same time as sticking to a diet so that you don’t overindulge later. Eat what you want on those cheat days, not just more food.
These are just a few tips for incorporating cheat meals into your diet and how to do it without jeopardizing your progress. Do you eat cheat meals, and if so, what are your tips for staying on track while still enjoying what you love?
My beauty of this week, is the beautiful and amazing Jokate Mwegelo.
Congratulations to Vanessa Mdee and Rotimi. The couple are expecting their first child together. A baby BOY 👶🏾