Looking for quick, cheap and easy-to-make meals that are also healthy and tasty? Look no further.
The preparation time is around 1 hour and 30 minutes, and the portions serve one person. Remember to have seven containers for the lunches. There are only three meals, so repeat them as you wish.
Chicken, Avocado and Chickpea Wrap
- 1 Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
- 2 wraps or tortillas
- 1 Can Chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Cups Assorted Veggies
- ½ Cup Opadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients to Marinate the Chicken:
- 3 TS Litehouse Instantly Fresh Ginger
- 1 Lemon
- 3 TS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Use lemon, ginger, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to marinate the chicken breast. Put it in a Ziploc bag and leave it in the fridge. You can also use other ingredients to marinate the breast.
- You can heat the wrap or tortilla or you can use it as it comes. The same goes for the veggies and chickpeas. I prefer to eat them raw, but it depends how you like them and if they need to be cooked (usually for 2-3 minutes).
- Cook the marinated chicken breast on the grill or in a grill pan on the stove until they reach 165 degrees internal temperature. Then, let it rest.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl with the avocado. Mash the chickpeas and avocado together with a fork. Add the chicken breast (diced) to the mixture with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add the Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip and mix together. Divide the mixture and spread on two tortillas or wraps and roll up.
- Place the two wraps in separate containers with 2 cups of your favorite fresh veggies. Serve with 2 TS of Opadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip.
Lemon-Ginger Chicken Over Brown Rice and Sautéed Greens
- 2 Chicken Breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 8 Cups Greens
- 2½ Cups Water
- 2 TS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TS Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onions
- Marinate the chicken breasts as you did in the previous recipe, place them in a Ziploc bag and place them in the fridge.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 8 cups of greens (I use a combination of spinach, bok choy and green chard).
- Add the Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onions. Cover for 2-3 minutes until the greens cook slightly. Sauté for 2-3 minutes more. Add 2½ cups of water and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup of brown rice and stir. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 30-35 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Remove from the heat and let it sit for five minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cook the marinated chicken breasts on the grill or in a grill pan on the stove until they reach 165 degrees internal temperature. Let them rest.
- Divide the brown rice into two separate containers. Top with one chicken breast each.
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Cups Quinoa (cooked)
- ½ Cup Whole Wheat Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 6-8 Cups Greens
- ½ Cup OPA by Litehouse Roasted Red Pepper Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork several times, and microwave them in 3-minutes intervals until slightly soft and cooked through. You can also cook them at 400 degrees F in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the cooked sweet potatoes, then mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl. Mix in the 2 cups of cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Form 6 patties, and cook for 20 minutes on a baking sheet in a 425 degree pre-heated oven, flipping halfway.
- Place about 2½ cups of your favorite greens into three separate containers. Top with two sweet potatoes and quinoa patties and top with 2 TS of the Opa by Litehouse Roasted Red Pepper Greek Yogurt dressing.
With arabic or sandwich bread cut with a large cookie cutter, you can create mini pizzas to which you will add a little tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and a little oregano and, if you want, pieces of low fat ham.
If you don’t have prepared tomato sauce, you can opt for canned whole tomatoes with which you can make a quick puree or ripe tomatoes cut into thin slices. These are the basic ingredients you use to make a pizza, but you can personalize it. It will take you 2 hours to prepare and 30 minutes to cook.
Omelettes and Tortillas
Tortillas and omelettes are a resource that is used in many parts of the world. And who doesn’t love them? We only need to make it a full dinner, but we don’t need to work hard for this.
To ensure a balanced meal, incorporate different vegetables into the mixture, such as: onions, mushrooms, sauteed zucchinis, fresh asparagus, peppers and even a more or less dried tomato stew, which will give a juicy consistency. Serve with a slice of toasted wheat bread and a cup of consommé.
Consommés (soups) and light creams
Consommés and light vegetable creams are a good choice that you can prepare on the weekend and freeze in portions for the rest of the week. It has been found that the intake of a hot dish like soup produces satiety and a sensation of wellness. It is also a good way to control your weight.
Beef or chicken consommés needs to be well degreased and then supplemented by adding bits of onion, garlic, sweet pepper and even an egg when serving as well as a little fresh chive, cilantro or parsley to add flavor.
In the case of creams, zucchini or pumpkin creams have less carbohydrates and zero fat; you can also add to this list the mushroom, tomato or chayote creams. And, if you want to add a dairy product, choose skim milk or yogurt, but in the case of the latter, do not let it boil. In this way, you won’t lose the properties of its beneficial bacterial flora.
So, why can’t we just have a personal chef for free? We can, if we date a chef or someone who likes to cook. Until then, we need to cook our own food. But remember, we need to be independent women. Feel free to share your quick, easy and healthy recipes below.