For the marination:
- Tender meat – 1kg
- White Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tbsp
- Meat stock flavour – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
For the coating:
- Cornflour- 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 3tbsp
- Green bell pepper, diced – 2
- Red bell pepper, diced- 1
- Yellow bell pepper, diced – 1
- Orange bell pepper, diced – 1
- Red onions, sliced- 2
- Soy sauce- 1/4 cup
- Tomato Ketchup- 4 tbsp
- Vinegar- 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder- 1 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1 tsp
- Meat spice – 1 tsp
- Ras El Hanout
- Paprika powder
- Cornflour slurry- 1/2 cup cornflour mixed in 150ml water
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Spring Onion greens, chopped, for garnish- 1 cup
- Parsley, chopped for garnish – 1 cup
- Wash and cut the meat pieces into 1” pieces
- Marinate with the items indicated. Mix well and set aside for 30 mins – 1hr.
- After 30mins – 1hr, mix in the corn flour to coat the meat pieces.
- Dice the onion, green, yellow, orange and red pepper.
- Slice the red onions and chop the greens + parsley for garnish.
- To fry the meat pieces, heat oil till medium hot and drop the battered meat pieces one at a time. Do not crowd the pan and if required, fry in batches.
- Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till golden. Remove and keep on a plate.
- Now take a wok or a pot & heat 4 tbsp oil.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and stir for 15 secs.
- Now add the diced red onions, mix and fry on high heat for a minute.
- Add the green, yellow, orange and red peppers,mix & stir fry the vegetables on high heat for a minute.
- Now add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, mix & stir fry on high heat for 15 secs.
- Add the vinegar & black pepper powder, ginger powder, paprika powder, meat spice, ras el hanout & stir fry on high heat for 15 secs, add a splash of water if required.
- Add the fried meat pieces and mix & stir fry on high heat for 1 min till these are coated by the sauce.
- Add the corn slurry, mix & stir fry cook for 30 secs.
- Garnish with spring onion greens,parsley, mix and serve .