Month: April 2023
Crispy Fried Chicken (KFC style)
– 500 grams chicken drumsticks or fillets
– oil for deep frying
– 1 egg(large)
– half tsp pepper powder
– 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
– half tsp garam masala powder
– 1 tsp paprika powder
– salt as needed
– 4 tbsp cornflour
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup bread crumbs
– 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (or 4 tbsp curd or yoghurt)
– Pour buttermilk to a bowl or add 4 tbsp curd to a bowl and a pour 1 cup water. whisk it well with 1/4 tsp salt. Mix it well.Check if there is enough salt.
– Wash chicken and drain off all excess water. Add it to the buttermilk. Refrigerate overnight or atleast for 4 hours. This makes the chicken turn tender and soft.
– Drain the buttermilk
– Add pepper powder, ginger garlic, seasoning spice powder and red chili powder.
– Beat an egg and pour it to the bowl
– Add corn flour. Mix well. Set aside for atleast 45min
– Pick up each of these pieces and roll them in the bread crumbs.
– You can leave them in the crumbs for a while.
– Pour oil to a heavy bottom pan. Heat it.
– Drop a small portion of the wet mixture to the hot oil to check if it is hot enough. If it rises without browning then the temperature is right.
– Shake off the excess crumbs from the chicken. Drop one after the other to hot oil.
– Fry them on medium high heat till golden. If the flame is too hight, it gets browned without getting cooked inside.
– Keep stirring often until done.
– Serve fried chichen hot with ketchup or your favourite dip.
On today’s what’s for dinner? episode, we are making pasta with chicken.
- 750g boneless chicken
- 3 lemons
- 2tbs greek yoghurt (you can use any yoghurt)
- 1ts paprika powder
- 1ts garlic powder
- 1ts ras el hanout
- 1ts harira
- Cut your chicken in cubes
- Clean your chicken and drain well
- Once your chicken is drained, mix the ingredients and let it marinate for atleast 1hr
- Boil your pasta according to the instuctions on de packaging. I changed a thing or two e.g the amount of water + cooking time. I used 3.5L of water and I let it simmer for 20 – 30min. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Once pasta is done, drain well.
- Cut your vegetables + mozzarella
- Add 2tbs of olive oil in a wok pan and wok your vegetables for 3 – 5min. Make sure they are not overdone. You can wok the zucchini separately (they take extra min to be done).
- Set the vegatables aside
- Wok your marinated chicken untill their is no water
- Heat a sausepan with 2tbs of olive oil
- Add ginger garlic paste, the vegetable you wok and let it simmer for 2 – 3min (medium heat)
- Add tomato sauce, pesto rosso and let it simmer for 5min on low heat. Sir occationally.
- Add coconut cream and 400ml water. Let it simmer for 3min
- Add chicken and the spices
- Add 1L of water, mozzarella and the grated cheese. Stir carefully and let it simmer for 3 – 5min.
- Add pasta, stir it well. If its too thick, add more water.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 5min.
- Add chopped persely for garnish and your dinner is ready to serve.
Enjoy your meal 🙂
Jinsi ya kutengeneza chapati za maji za hoho
Ftari yetu ya leo tunatengeneza chapati za maji za hoho. Chapati zetu zitakuwa za chumvi maana ftari kuu zengine zote nazo ni za chumvi, kwahiyo na chapati zetu tutaweka chumvi. Ila kama unaweza kuchanganya chumvi na sukari, unaweza ukaweka sukari badala ya chumvi, ila hoho sikushauri kuweka kwenye chapati za maji za sukari, utaharibu ladha.
- Ngano nusu kilo
- Maziwa 300ml
- Maji 200ml
- Hoho nusu
- Chumvi kijiko kidogo nusu
- Mafuta ya kukaangia
Jinsi ya kupika
- Osha hoho, kisha ikate vipande vidogovidogo
- Changanya vitu vyote, kama mchanganyiko mzito sana ongeza maji kidogo.
- Kaanga chapati zako.
You must be logged in to post a comment.