– 500 grams chicken drumsticks or fillets
– oil for deep frying
– 1 egg(large)
– half tsp pepper powder
– 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
– half tsp garam masala powder
– 1 tsp paprika powder
– salt as needed
– 4 tbsp cornflour
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup bread crumbs
– 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (or 4 tbsp curd or yoghurt)
– Pour buttermilk to a bowl or add 4 tbsp curd to a bowl and a pour 1 cup water. whisk it well with 1/4 tsp salt. Mix it well.Check if there is enough salt.
– Wash chicken and drain off all excess water. Add it to the buttermilk. Refrigerate overnight or atleast for 4 hours. This makes the chicken turn tender and soft.
– Drain the buttermilk
– Add pepper powder, ginger garlic, seasoning spice powder and red chili powder.
– Beat an egg and pour it to the bowl
– Add corn flour. Mix well. Set aside for atleast 45min
– Pick up each of these pieces and roll them in the bread crumbs.
– You can leave them in the crumbs for a while.
– Pour oil to a heavy bottom pan. Heat it.
– Drop a small portion of the wet mixture to the hot oil to check if it is hot enough. If it rises without browning then the temperature is right.
– Shake off the excess crumbs from the chicken. Drop one after the other to hot oil.
– Fry them on medium high heat till golden. If the flame is too hight, it gets browned without getting cooked inside.
– Keep stirring often until done.
– Serve fried chichen hot with ketchup or your favourite dip.
You must be logged in to post a comment.